Sermon Outline - Man Before the Fall, Genesis ch.2 v.7
|Preacher||Rev. Maurice Roberts, Inverness|
|Sermon Title||Man Before the Fall|
|Text||Genesis ch.2 v.7 |
Links to Bible chapters open in a new window.
- chapter 1 is cosmic
- chapter 2 is centred on mankind
- man is perfect at first
THE ORDINANCE OF MARRIAGE: 2:18f
- The first man is perfect but incomplete.
- The creation of the woman. Hebrew words.
- God's intention in marriage.
- Order in marriage: male headship.
- Sin has damaged marriage.
- Divorce: 2 grounds for it
APPLICATION: The family is the basic unity.
THE SABBATH: 2:1-3
- Argument for a literal "day" (YOM).
- Six days of work + one of rest is God's pattern. It is the best way.
- OT and NT Sabbath - the change.
- In what sense did God "rest"?
- How are we to rest on the Sabbath?
- The ultimate Sabbath in heaven See Hebrews 4:8-11
APPLICATION: We need to observe this.
THE ORDINANCE OF LABOUR: 2:15
- The Garden of Eden: work to do.
- Work to be viewed as a blessing.
- Sin has perverted this view.
- The gospel makes people industrious.
- "- sat down to eat...rose up to play".
- The world is God's - to be cared for.
- We are to work for six days.
APPLICATION: Do not shun work - Get a profitable job.
OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD: 2:16-17
- God speaks here to Adam, as the Covenant-head of the whole race.
- The command explained.
- The penalty for disobedience.
- The principle: man must do what God commands.
- This is right, reasonable, good.
- Our need, now, of a Saviour.
How helpful the Bible is!
Download This Sermon Outline
This sermon outline can be downloaded in HTML format so that it can be viewed off-line using an internet browser, and many other programs. (As you can read this page, you can view HTML format files on this computer.)
Download this sermon now - to download please right click and select "save target as" or "save link target as". Please note: It is strongly advised that you use this link to download a sermon, rather than simply saving the current page.