Sermon Outline - The Fall of Man, Genesis ch.3 vv.1-24
|Preacher||Rev. Maurice Roberts, Inverness|
|Sermon Title||The Fall of Man|
|Text||Genesis ch.3 vv.1-24 |
Links to Bible chapters open in a new window.
- We have seen Creation in Six Days
- Also life before the entry of sin
- Now we learn of the Fall
THE ORIGIN OF EVIL
- The creation of the angels
- Elect/reprobate angels
- The sin of Satan
- The prophetic passages: Isaiah 14:12f; Ezekiel 28:11f.
APPLICATION: See how sinful SIN is!
TEMPTATION AND HOW IT WORKS
- The two Trees: their special purpose.
- The serpent - an instrument used by Satan.
- The woman tempted first: why?
- The differences between Adam's/Eve's sin.
- The federal headship of Adam (Romans 5:12f).
- Temptation = persuasion to disobey the Word of God.
APPLICATION: See how different Christ was when he was faced by temptation: ("It is written").
THE FALL OF MANKIND
- Sin entered the world by one man.
- This is the 2nd of 4 states.
- Effects of sin: (i) shame (ii) guilt (iii) fear.
- We know good & evil from the standpoint of evil.
APPLICATION: This one sin brought misery and death on the whole world.
THE NECESSITY FOR JUDGEMENT
- God will call us all to account: "Where art thou?"
- God asks the questions men do not want to face.
- Sin must be exposed and punished.
- People will excuse themselves if they can.
- The punishments on them are just.
APPLICATION: God will bring everything into judgement.
TEXTS to prove it.
THE PROMISE OF A SAVIOUR
- Genesis 3:15: the "proto-evangelium".
- Enmity injected into society: Explain.
- The casualty to Christ's "heel".
- The wound to Satan's head: Revelation 2:10
- You must either go God's or Satan's way.
- God's way is the Bible-way.
- There is no Saviour for Satan; but there is for us sinners.
APPLICATION: We need, like Adam, to be "clothed" in the righteousness of Christ. Have you got it?
Download This Sermon Outline
This sermon outline can be downloaded in HTML format so that it can be viewed off-line using an internet browser, and many other programs. (As you can read this page, you can view HTML format files on this computer.)
Download this sermon now - to download please right click and select "save target as" or "save link target as". Please note: It is strongly advised that you use this link to download a sermon, rather than simply saving the current page.