1. Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?
2. Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.
3. The wicked are estranged from the womb:they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
4. Their poison is like the poison of a serpent:they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
5. Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.
6. Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth:break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.
7. Let them melt away as waters which run continually:when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.
8. As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away:like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.
9. Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.
10. The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance:he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
11. So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous:verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.
Sermons on Psalm 58
|Rev. William MacLeod|
Glasgow More Info
|Break their teeth (Poor sound qualiity)|
Psalm 58 vv.1-11
|Rev. Maurice Roberts|
Inverness More Info
|Stopping our Ear to God|
Psalm 58 vv.4-5