Song of Solomon Chapter 8
1. O that thou wert as my brother, that sucked the breasts of my mother! when I should find thee without, I would kiss thee; yea, I should not be despised.
2. I would lead thee, and bring thee into my mother's house, who would instruct me:I would cause thee to drink of spiced wine of the juice of my pomegranate.
3. His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.
4. I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please.
5. Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved? I raised thee up under the apple tree:there thy mother brought thee forth:there she brought thee forth that bare thee.
6. Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm:for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave:the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
7. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it:if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
8. We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts:what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for?
9. If she be a wall, we will build upon her a palace of silver:and if she be a door, we will inclose her with boards of cedar.
10. I am a wall, and my breasts like towers:then was I in his eyes as one that found favour.
11. Solomon had a vineyard at Baal-hamon; he let out the vineyard unto keepers; every one for the fruit thereof was to bring a thousand pieces of silver.
12. My vineyard, which is mine, is before me:thou, O Solomon, must have a thousand, and those that keep the fruit thereof two hundred.
13. Thou that dwellest in the gardens, the companions hearken to thy voice:cause me to hear it.
14. Make haste, my beloved, and be thou like to a roe or to a young hart upon the mountains of spices.
Sermons on Song of Solomon Chapter 8
|Rev. Maurice Roberts|
Inverness More Info
|Until the Day Break (Communion Saturday)|
Song of Solomon ch.1 v.1-ch.8 v.14
|Rev. John Thackway|
Holywell More Info
|With Christ at the Means of Grace|
Song of Solomon ch.8 v.2
|Rev. James Frew|
Adelaide More Info
|Leaning on the Beloved (Communion Friday)|
Song of Solomon ch.8 v.5
|Rev. Richard Brooks|
Matlock More Info
|Longing for Jesus' Return (Communion Monday)|
Song of Solomon ch.8 v.14