1. LORD, remember David, and all his afflictions:
2. How he sware unto the LORD, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;
3. Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
4. I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
5. Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
6. Lo, we heard of it at Ephratah:we found it in the fields of the wood.
7. We will go into his tabernacles:we will worship at his footstool.
8. Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.
9. Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness; and let thy saints shout for joy.
10. For thy servant David's sake turn not away the face of thine anointed.
11. The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
12. If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.
13. For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
14. This is my rest for ever:here will I dwell; for I have desired it.
15. I will abundantly bless her provision:I will satisfy her poor with bread.
16. I will also clothe her priests with salvation:and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
17. There will I make the horn of David to bud:I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed.
18. His enemies will I clothe with shame:but upon himself shall his crown flourish.
Sermons on Psalm 132
|Rev. Davide Ratti|
Dores More Info
|God's Promises to David|
Psalm 132 vv.1-18