Proverbs Chapter 13
1. A wise son heareth his father's instruction:but a scorner heareth not rebuke.
2. A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth:but the soul of the transgressors shall eat violence.
3. He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life:but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.
4. The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing:but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.
5. A righteous man hateth lying:but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.
6. Righteousness keepeth him that is upright in the way:but wickedness overthroweth the sinner.
7. There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing:there is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
8. The ransom of a man's life are his riches:but the poor heareth not rebuke.
9. The light of the righteous rejoiceth:but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.
10. Only by pride cometh contention:but with the well advised is wisdom.
11. Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished:but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.
12. Hope deferred maketh the heart sick:but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
13. Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed:but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.
14. The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
15. Good understanding giveth favour:but the way of transgressors is hard.
16. Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge:but a fool layeth open his folly.
17. A wicked messenger falleth into mischief:but a faithful ambassador is health.
18. Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction:but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.
19. The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul:but it is abomination to fools to depart from evil.
20. He that walketh with wise men shall be wise:but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
21. Evil pursueth sinners:but to the righteous good shall be repayed.
22. A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children:and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
23. Much food is in the tillage of the poor:but there is that is destroyed for want of judgment.
24. He that spareth his rod hateth his son:but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
25. The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soul:but the belly of the wicked shall want.
|Sorry, no sermons match this criteria.|