Proverbs Chapter 12
1. Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge:but he that hateth reproof is brutish.
2. A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD:but a man of wicked devices will he condemn.
3. A man shall not be established by wickedness:but the root of the righteous shall not be moved.
4. A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband:but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
5. The thoughts of the righteous are right:but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.
6. The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood:but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
7. The wicked are overthrown, and are not:but the house of the righteous shall stand.
8. A man shall be commended according to his wisdom:but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
9. He that is despised, and hath a servant, is better than he that honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.
10. A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast:but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
11. He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread:but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.
12. The wicked desireth the net of evil men:but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit.
13. The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips:but the just shall come out of trouble.
14. A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth:and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.
15. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes:but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
16. A fool's wrath is presently known:but a prudent man covereth shame.
17. He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness:but a false witness deceit.
18. There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword:but the tongue of the wise is health.
19. The lip of truth shall be established for ever:but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
20. Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil:but to the counsellers of peace is joy.
21. There shall no evil happen to the just:but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.
22. Lying lips are abomination to the LORD:but they that deal truly are his delight.
23. A prudent man concealeth knowledge:but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.
24. The hand of the diligent shall bear rule:but the slothful shall be under tribute.
25. Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop:but a good word maketh it glad.
26. The righteous is more excellent than his neighbour:but the way of the wicked seduceth them.
27. The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting:but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
28. In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.
|Sorry, no sermons match this criteria.|